Tuesday, October 23, 2012

A Post for the Hell of it

Ah neglected blog, so sorry to not have kept you in a while.

The weather here has turned gorgeous - lows in the 50s and highs in the 70s but this weekend when we will be in Clear Lake for a wedding at Butler's Courtyard it will be between 30 - 40 degrees here in Chicago and we will STILL be experiencing the 50 - 70 temps in Houston.

The tree in our back yard has lost all it's leaves and revealed the location of all it's bird's nests. It's actually quite charming. I hope the birds come back to these same nests in the spring and they don't have problems with squatter birds claiming already built nests.

Chris found a Half Price Books and I got books on making mosaics, knitting socks, and baking breads. Too many projects swimming in my head and not enough time to realize all of them.

I began applying for jobs today in earnest. I mean, full-time jobs. There's nothing part-time worth part of my time here in the suburbs of Chicago. Unfortunately. Because I was having a fabulous time as a housewife but I don't have any money and that is no fun. I just want to go to my sister's beach house party and I can't even get $150 to her for my part of the party. ~ sigh.

I'm looking forward to being employed again but it will mean drastic changes to our lives. No more taking Chris to the train in the mornings. Instead I'll be taking myself to the train and getting on it and he will probably take himself to the train because he leaves work every day at 4pm and I won't be able to leave til 5pm or later just to get some work done. I used to leave around 6pm usually when I had a job. No more full load of all the household chores - all the laundry, all the dishes, all the cooking, all the vacuuming and sweeping and mopping and dusting and cleaning toilets. I think everyone should be responsible for their own laundry anyway. I know several people who run their houses like that with younger children too! Heck, I was doing laundry way younger than Colin and he's the youngest person in the house. There's no reason in the world that he should be sitting around playing games waiting for someone else to wash and fold his laundry - or anyone else in the house either. We're all grown people.

I think it will be fun to work downtown. I anticipate learning a lot about the city of Chicago and meeting a lot of great new people and being able to shop again!

My book club finished reading Jane Eyre which I hadn't read since junior high and it was great! I miss Mr. Rochester and Jane and all the drama going on between them. :) Next is The House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros. I feel like I've read this book before but I can't remember. I also thought I had it already but I have a different Cisneros volume or maybe I just can find it due to the move. There are lots of books in a jumbled order.

Time to run to the station!
LOVE

1 comment:

Rob MacGregor said...

Hey sis -

Just wanted to let you know I check in here every now and then, and I am so happy things are going so well up there. We miss you!

Rob