Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Blog Post

So we got the word that we may be returning to work on Monday. I have cognitive dissonance regarding this news. On the one hand I'm like, Thank God! and on the other I'm groaning and saying '5 more minutes mom.' I've been off of work now since September 10th but I've been working from home, setting up the clinics and assisting where I can. It's been getting tougher though so today I drove out to the island with a fellow worker to turn on our computers so we could access them from home. Here are some pix of the island. However, at this point I'm really truly wishing I had taken more photos of the campus! I don't know why I didn't. I guess I was too focused at that point on getting to my office and getting off the island. They wouldn't let us in until after 1pm for "Look and Leave" and I was meant to pick the kids up from school around 2:30. Guards met us in the lobby of my building where there were supplies stacked up everywhere. We had to sign in and (thankfully) 1 elevator was working - otherwise it would have been a 16 flight climb. There was no air conditioning and being there for only half an hour was miserable. My plant was almost dead. :( I watered both my plants and if the one comes back I decided to name her Crispy. The main thing is that I unbagged and turned on my computer and now I can access it from home. However, when I got home there was the announcement that we may return to work on Monday. I don't see how! There's a tent propped up for food services and sanitation issues. We'll see. They're meant to post a list of buildings that are still uninhabitable by tomorrow so I still don't yet know.

In other news, Sarah Palin continues to amuse me. I think she's so hilarious. The scary part is that some people actually like her and hope she becomes VP. I can't wait for tomorrow's debate. I just feel like this race has become so much richer with fodder for hilarity with her around. I mean really? c'mon! She couldn't name a single newspaper she has ever read so she said she reads "all of them." That is so funny! She also couldn't name a policy of McCains where he went against his party, or a policy of McCain's, or a Supreme Court case other than Roe v. Wade. Katie Couric has been slaughtering her in interviews and she keeps coming back for more. Doesn't she know people are laughing at her? Its too funny.

I'm so happy that my 18 year old just registered to vote! YAY!!! One more vote for Obama. It makes me proud. I just want to put her voter's registration card on the fridge under a magnet!

NaNoWriMo is in the active planning stages for the Houston area. We secured a location for our kick-off event for the low low cost of $20.00! Now we need to get goodie bags together and I would love to have a fund raiser but am lacking in ideas. I do, however, have an idea for my novel this year. I'm really excited about it actually. If I wasn't so busy with writing documentation and working from home I would do some snowflaking but that will have to wait till mid October. Oh! and I'm getting a brand new computer! Yay! mid October I'm picking out a new MacBook or MacBook Pro for my noveling adventure this year.

So that's about it for me.
LOVE

No comments: