Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Mostly the Eddie Izzard Show

So much has gone on since my last posting it's hard to know where to begin. So I'll start at NOW and work my way backwards.

It is an absolutely GORGEOUS day here on the island. I'm looking at this day out my window and wishing I were anywhere other than at work. So I decided to blog - I'm having lunch now so it's my time anyways. Free lunch too - grilled chicken and veggies w/ salad and a chunk of garlic bread. Yummy!

Last night Chris and I joined Matt & Julie for the Eddie Izzard show. He was so funny that I wanted him to stop. It actually hurts to laugh non-stop for over an hour. I felt as if I couldn't go on laughing any longer. I loved that he threw in some politics and endorsed Barak Obama. He's Brittish and let us know that if we elected Obama we would be welcomed throughout the rest of the world. He assured us that when traveling abroad we would no longer have to pretend we're Canadian. Izzard's set reminded me a lot of Bill Bryson's book, A Brief History of Nearly Everything - and I believe he mentioned it at some point in his show too. Both the Izzard comedy set and the Bryson book attempt to focus perspective on how we got to this point in our evolutionary history and both were poignantly funny. I especially didn't know that all the ancient Egyptians were killed in a car crash. How tragic is that?

Also yesterday, my dearest and longest standing friend's birthday - Happy Birthday Carmen!! I WILL get your care package in the mail. Wish for all things Texas and they shall be in the box. Come back to Texas. Texas misses you. Rhode Islanders don't know what tortillas are!

So prior to Tuesday... Let's see, over the weekend on Sunday night we took Colin to his grandparents for a week long camping trip. We saw the movie You Don't Mess with the Zohan - comic gold! Think Mrs. Garrett from The Facts of Life getting it on with Adam Sandler playing an Israeli counter-terrorist turned hair-dresser who's nemesis is John Turturro, of The Big Lebowski; and who is being outed by Rob Schneider for stealing his favorite goat years before. We also watched Made of Honor - Chelsea's choice and a chick flick if there ever was one. Chris survived, thank God! On Sunday we also played a round of disc golf.

Oh Chris recently erected our disc golf goal in the back yard and we've been practicing. I seem to be getting no better what-so-ever while Chris is continually improving his short game. The other day I threw a frisbee and it landed in our back neighbor's yard. We walked the block over to knock on their door. A car was in the drive but no answer. As soon as we approached the door a light snapped on and we noticed a little camera eye on top of the door frame. It was very strange and gave both of us the creeps. We didn't get the frisbee back till the next day when in the daylight Chris went into the back yard because no one ever did answer the door. Weird. (Otherwise we LOVE all our neighbors! The people on OUR street are totally cool!)

No comments: