Monday, November 10, 2008

It's Official

My novel is slowly plugging along. Too slowly. But I'm getting into the main problem now so hopefully it will pick back up again this week. Fortunately I have a holiday tomorrow and I plan to write practically the whole day save for noon when I'll be at the chiropractor. Today a challenge was issued from the ML of Corpus Christi and we accepted. So hopefully that will spur my word count to greater heights. I've also been doing a lot of research on weather manipulation for my book. Fascinating subject should you happen to be bored or a conspiracy theorist - like my main character.
Most importantly for this post, I just wanted to say that it's official about my new job. I turned in my 2 weeks notice today and in a short period of time will be headed back to the university from whence I came and where I belong. No disrespect at all to the island which has been great but with the instability brought on by Ike, I had to go and this job fell into place due to perfect timing. I'm SO excited about it though and I can't wait to get started.
The family dinner for my dad's birthday went well yesterday and he liked his gift of a bottle of Crowne Royal with two glasses. Several members of my family want me to do Thanksgiving this year but we're going to Chris's parents again this year because it's a Colin year. We are, however, having a Christmas party on December 19th with friends so that should be fun. It will have to remain unplanned for the most part until after NaNoWriMo.
It's raining tonight so you know I'm in a great mood!
LOVE

No comments: