Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Company Picnic

I had a LOT of fun today. We arrived at Seawolf Park early to help with anything that needed setting up but there were several people so we didn't have to do much. Once everyone arrived it was completely, absolutely, wonderful to just hang out and have fun with your co-workers and their families. You learn a lot about people seeing their whole families together. There were games - water balloon toss, 3-legged races, hula hoop competitions, and plenty of barbecue and beer. I've never worked at a place that does company picnics before so I highly recommend them to any organization that doesn't. It turned out to be a perfect day for it too. There was a thunder storm when we woke up this morning and it was still sprinkling, overcast, and extremely windy when we first got there. We had rented the pavilion for the occasion. It was a great 3 story structure right on the edge of the water. It's also a memorial with two submarines that were in WWII that you can tour. I really wanted to take the tour too but we never did.

When I first climbed up to the top of the pavilion at SeaWolf Park, Chris was already up there with Chelsea and they looked at me and laughed and then Chris jumped over the edge of the pavilion wall and hung there by his hands - all I could see was his head and his hands. It freaked me out horribly for just a second but Chelsea was laughing and as I got closer it was apparent that the edge was at an incline - Like in the above picture. BTW - this is not my picture - I forgot my camera at home so I have NO pictures from today. :( I did a search for SeaWolf Park on Flickr and this pic came from this guy's set.

We had to leave around 3:30 because Chelsea wanted to get back home - she had a date tonight. They just went to the little coffee shop down the road for espressos. She's already back home - but it's 10 now.

Tomorrow my family is getting together at Cheddar's for a birthday dinner. We're celebrating my mom and Jason's birthdays which are both on Tuesday and mine and Chris's which are 5/1 & 4/12 respectively. I like Cheddar's a lot. They have this amazing (and totally fattening) appetizer called Idaho Nachos which is like nachos fully loaded - cheese, grilled chicken, tomatoes, green onions, the works - except that instead of corn chips they use waffle fries. mmmmm yummy.

Oh, big (negative) news - the rent house we found and loved fell thru because of our realtor who never checked with the homeowners if 5/23 was too far in the future to secure the house and it was. So now we're back to hunting and that house is already rented. We're not moving till the end of May. Packing is going to be a nightmare because things aren't organized and there are two houses worth of stuff to move. I don't know how we're going to manage that with movers but we're meant to have movers this time. Wish us luck on finding the perfect house for us and 3 dogs.

That's it for an update.
LOVE

No comments: