Sunday, May 4, 2008

a reflection and photographs of a walk

My birthday just passed me by in such a whirl of gifts and food that I haven't had a chance to blog. For my birthday I wanted to get off of work early and go sit on the beach to write but I had to work the whole day. So now, I'll think about the ocean and the beach and the sky.

As I move forward into my 3#th year of life I have to say that I'm very happy with everything - sure I could be a lot thinner and it would be nice to have some more money and more time. I wish my heels were smoother and the ends of my hair weren't split. My boobs could be a little more perky and I could certainly be farther along in my ever-continuing novel that I so rarely have time to work on. But physical imperfections and personal time management issues aside I've never been happier. I have had a good year since my last birthday - my relationship with Chris has grown a lot and we have plans to continue far into the future so I suppose things are working out well. Chelsea is doing great in school and has a budding new relationship of her own that keeps a smile on her face.

We're moving in 18 days and haven't packed a thing but today I started throwing stuff out which is the first step. Yesterday we found an absolutely gorgeous house. I knew there was a reason that the other house deal fell through - because there was a better house that we were meant to have! This one has windows galore! OMG the windows in this place are completely amazing. I took a video as we were going through it - I uploaded it to youtube HERE.

Today we took a walk along some trails in Seabrook and saw a multitude of wildlife including two different kinds of snakes, some wild boar, many frogs, some turtles, and a couple of bunnies and later in the day - while driving actually - 6 deer. Chris nearly stepped right on a water moccasin which tripped him out for the rest of the walk. There were berry bushes LINING the paths! I can't WAIT for them to be ripe! We'll go with a bucket and fill it to the brim with mulberries and dewberries; take them home, sprinkle with sugar and pour on some cream and eat them! Chris and I ate all the ripe purple ones we could find - some were fat, plump and sweet and others were a little small and somewhat too tart but we ate them anyway. It was a glorious walk and I can't wait to go again!

Here are some photos of things we encountered on our walk. This photo set will grow once I get the pics from Chris.

Just thoroughly enjoying life right now.
LOVE

No comments: