Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Beginning of 2009

We started the new year with a bang. There were fireworks and roman candles, turkey burgers, and tons of alcohol, old friends, a tattoo, a breeze of change in my mom's house, and generally too much good food and not enough sleep.

The New Year's Eve Party was at Matt & Julie's place, being outside of the city limits and allowing fireworks to be popped. It was PJNYE - Pajama Party madness! Everyone's PJs were so cute. I was in red snowflake pants and a red top. Chelsea and Colin both wore their new plush robes to the party instead of coats. We made turkey burgers for everyone and everyone else made hor d'oeuvres.

New Year's Day we went to breakfast at IHOP which is a bit of a tradition. Then Chelsea and I drove around for about an hour looking for an open nail shop before giving up on beginning 2009 with perfect, smooth feet. We went to see the Yes Man with Jim Carey and I have to say I was cracking up laughing the whole way through. Some of the funny was Colin laughing. He gets so tickled and I know just how he feels.

After the movie, Chris dropped Chelsea and I off at Bombshell Tattoo on Westheimer for Chelsea's new tattoo. A picture says a thousand words so click here to view. I think Chelsea feels different now. I know I do. After the inking we all went for dinner at Mo Mong! YUMMY!

On the 2nd Carmen & Kevin were back in town from Christmas in Mexico with her parents. This was also the day that my siblings chose to help clean my mom's house out. My mom has obsessive hoarding issues and is currently living in a place that's too packed with stuff to allow my dad full access to the house with his walker. So we're getting her a storage unit for anything that is a product from her inventory and all the old video tapes she agreed could go to Chris's house. In the morning we went through boxes at moms and in the evening we met Carmen, Kevin and some of Carmen's family at Taco Milagro in Houston to catch a salsa band of which Kevin knew some members.

That night Carmen & Kevin spent the night at our place and gave us their whole liquor cabinet full of bottles of alcohol. They had packaged it all up and hauled it in boxes from Rhode Island. We have more types of alcohol than we know what to do with. We have tequila with real worms and tequila without, vodkas, liqueurs, and some absenth. We also were luck enough to get a whole bottle of organic toasted sesame seed oil. I have no idea how that happened to be with the liquor but I'm pleased and feel like making chinese food or something. To say the least, we are very greatful Carmen and Kevin! We appreciate all the drinks and will enjoy every one. Here's to you my friend!

Work began on Monday and it was a bit of a rough start getting back into the swing of things. Carmen and Kevin left for Paris, France today at 2:00 PM and won't return for 4.5 months.

So far the new year has been good to me. That's it for now.
Much LOVE

No comments: