Saturday, February 2, 2008

Tom Bass kicked my ass

The plan was to play 18 holes of frisbee golf at Tom Bass Park. This park was meant to have some of the most lengthy shots in the area. And it was a swamp. This time Matt & Julie came with us. We had a blast tromping through mud and patches of water. This course was long. We felt like we had walked a mile by the time we got to the 8th hole. Here we are taking a rest at the 8th hole.
This was at the top of a hill and relatively dry. Then we trekked down the hill, played one more hole and called it quits on account of a powerful thirst. We headed for the mecca of water fountains in a row outside of the amphitheater and drank and filled our empty bottles. After that we decided to stop and head for the car.

Next stop - Top Water Grill for the best seafood in the area. OMG I ate and ate and ate and ate!
My plate had the Mahi Mahi grilled fish, rice and grilled veggies. MMMMMMM but I also had one of Chris's shrimp enbrochette and two of Julie's coconut shrimps. MMMMMM oh plus I had had a cup of the blue crab corn chowder and tasted Chris's lobster bisque. It was so delicious!

The next plan was to go to Yachty Gras - a boat parade in Kemah to celebrate Mardi Gras where they throw beads to the people on the boardwalk from the boats. But we were so wiped out we could barely move.

What a most excellent day.

In other news, I finally spoke to my dermatologist on Friday and all my tests were normal. I do not have lupus. Yay! What a ridiculous thing to tell someone! And I can't believe that Dr. Gibson person wanting to treat me that first time before he was sure! Man, doctors!