Monday, January 28, 2008

Time Slips By...

and leaves so little time for blogging. So here are some tidbits that I just have to share:

Saturday Chris and I were getting ready for a party with my sister and her college friend who eloped on New Year's Eve with a cop who is older than her father. I brushed my teeth and he bumped me out of the way and said, "Escucha me." So I turned to him and said, "What?" But he just bumped me with his hip out from in front of the sink and started brushing his teeth. "Escucha" means "listen" or "listen to me" but he was saying, "Scooch over." - Es Cucha - a new term I just love.

So the celebration was at The Tree House, a Clear Lake dive if there ever was one. The door looked like a huge piece of a tree that swung open to reveal a smoky interior with teal green carpeting. We were lighted upon by Rhonda's girlfriend who wore a giant toothy grin, and was so permed and blonde that I didn't recognize her. She was very happy and took us around to meet her new husband. Then we found a booth and ordered some beers. They had a little lounge act going with a woman who could sing a little and a guy who could play a little guitar but mostly they acted like a DJ. They announced Amanda and Brian as the happy couple and she coerced him into dancing with her. I, and I alone, have the only pictures of this because I happened to have my camera on me and no one else had thought about it.
Here's one where Amanda has just received a Beer-O-Gram - this is a cardboard bar coaster that customers could give to another patron to get a phone number or tell someone their name or buy them a beer. Amanda got this one from Rhonda - a souvenir.

But here's the thing - after that dance, they started playing music again and the first song was, Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under? by Shania Twain. I told Chris that when we have a similar party with all our friends around that that song would rank right up there among the top ten songs I don't want to have played. This list might also include Titties and Beer by Rodney Carrington, and just about anything by Billy Ray Cyrus. Yes, these songs were also played at the dive. We had a blast though and I got my ass handed to me at gin rummy with Chris.

Then Sunday we played another 18-holes of Disc Golf - this time with Colin. He wore camoflage so that he would blend in with the foliage around him.
Can anyone spot the 7-year old in this photo?It's a cherry life I'm living right now. Happy every minute.
Love to all.

No comments: