Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Cutting my fabric

I have actually started to cut out my fabric into one inch squares. Well they are actually 1.5" squares because, you know, 1/4" margins for sewing and all that.

Here is a picture of some of my fabric. These various reds, oranges, & yellows will become my red poppies.

















These greens and yellows will be stems/stalks and background colors.

















Here are some more yellows & oranges that will end up being background colors.

















Here are all my little 1.5" square fabric pieces!

















Here they are again with their larger counterparts in the background. It would seem that quilting does not really require that much actual fabric. I may restate that after I begin sewing them all together.

















Here's a pic of me about to cut this pink fabric. Thanks to Amber who clued me in on how my straight edge ruler is see-through so that I can make measurements under my ruler and then cut just the amount of fabric I want to use.

















And that's where I am. I'll be cutting fabric for a bit more, then I plan to assign each square in my grid to a color/fabric piece, then I will begin sewing them together.

LOVE!

1 comment:

MidtownFarmGirl said...

Cutting the fabric is the worst part. You're doing great.