Friday, August 17, 2012

Bean bag toss and bathroom ads

Chris and I like to drink ~ I'm sure you've figured that out ~ so we've explored some of the night life the Chi-burbs have to offer. We have a FABULOUS neighborhood bar right in front of our neighborhood that is open until 3am EVERY DAY. The first two times we went there were awesome, the third time they had a wrestling match on every tv and it seemed like UFC night so we will have to figure out when that happens so we can avoid it.

One of the interesting things I observed was a huge bean bag toss game going on outside in the front. There were two platforms on either side to toss towards. The only bar games I've seen in the past are cards, pool, darts, bocci ball, shuffleboard and occasionally we play farkle at our own table with our own dice. There was a bar near us in Clear Lake that had board games like chess, checkers, etc. Oh and there are several giant Jenga sets at various bars. However, I've never seen bean bag toss at a bar before. I like the idea of bean bag toss at a bar.

After seeing that, we were at another bar later that week and I told Chris, You won't believe this but this bar also has a bean bag toss tournament weekly on a certain night every week. It's apparently a big thing here.  Chris asked me how I knew that and I told him one of the bathroom ads in the ladies room was promoting it.

This launched a conversation about the ads in bathroom stalls. Chris was shocked to learn that in women's restrooms the ads are pretty much all about couples wanting you to donate your eggs or have their baby for them. Also there's always ads for abuse or run-away hotlines offering to help and lawyers who can get you out of your DUI tickets. The lawyer ads seem to be cross gender because Chris reports that the ads in men's restrooms are generally either DWI / DUI lawyers, head shops, tattoo parlors, and titty-bars. Very interesting indeed.

Now I just need to work on my mad bean bag toss skillz...
LOVE

No comments: