Monday, August 27, 2012

On the hunt for a job

Today I started my search for work. I am interested in something part time for now and preferably in which I do not have hours on Fridays. Chris also works from home on Fridays and it would be great to keep his schedule. I thoroughly enjoy being a housewife and all but I don't want my skills to languish for when I return to work full time - if ever. I think that if part time work suits our lifestyles then it will continue on. I need to keep my brain active though.

I've only applied for two positions. One I would like more than the other. I'm looking forward to interviewing with them both so that I can find out more about them both to make a more informed decision. Interestingly, the process of applying for one continuously had a button at the bottom to set up a profile using LinkedIn or Facebook. I would never allow my work or potential work to have access to my private life on facebook. That doesn't seem smart at all.

I need to open a bank account and get the forms for obtaining new passports tomorrow morning. Such a busy life... LOL

Also, on the unpacking front, there is only one final box on the second floor that is not unpacked. Now we just have the basement and garage to go. Its been an organizational challenge but so far, so good.

No comments: